Thursday, January 15, 2009

mY nEw VeNtUrE!!!

I'm going to be a nurse!!!

For quite some time now, I have wanted to go back to school to be a nurse. Somehow (on a crazy whim) I ended up at Provo College last week and came out as a registered Pre-Nursing student:)!

I started school on Tuesday. By the beginning of February I will be a CNA and sometime next year I will be a LPN. If all goes as planned I will be a Nurse by August 2011!!!

I am taking 2 classes this semester, Anatomy & Chemistry. Though it's been nerve-racking and stressful to go back to school after being out for 5 years, so far, so good. I got a 20/20 on my first Chemistry quiz today!!!

Everyone was out in the hall after complaining about missing 4-6 of the answers and it gave me a much needed confidence boost... turns out studying helps! ha I wish i would have learned that when I got my Bachelors degree:)...I probably would've come out a lot smarter!

Anyway, it's going to be a crazy 2.5 years as I juggle being a MOM, a student, and a having a job (as a CNA I'm hoping starting in February). It will be SO worth it to have a secure career and something to fall back on when I need it over the years. I know I can do it with the support of friends and family.... thanks in advance for your help:). Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That is so great that you are doing what you want to do! Good luck...I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Jeremiah's sister is doing the same thing...she started going back to school almost a year ago and loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!! I wish you tons of luck especially because I appreciate those who want to go into nursing! I could never do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Ann! Also, congrats on going back to school (even though you're super smart and have already done it once). You are so brave to go into a profession that involves needles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea,

    That is so exciting! Congratulations and good luck!

    Ariana
    (I found your blog through facebook.) Noah is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so happy in your pictures and I know that you will excel in school. Maquel is actually going to be an RN too. She just finished Chemistry and is in Anatomy right now. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome, Andrea. We've got some interesting news, too! Click on my blog link...can you guess it?

    You will make an awesome nurse. Great way to spread that LOVE around! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats great ann. go you! i had no idea that anyone in our family would ever want to be a nurse. how did you end up wanting to do this? i thought that we were all terrified of needles. well, i'm not too scared of them after having 2 kids, but still, i thought everyone else was the type to pass out at the sight of blood! anyways, good for you. that is great. my roommate was doing nursing school and it was nuts. you can do it though. it will pay off in a couple of years! love ya.

    ReplyDelete